Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nap time...maybe, maybe not!

It's nap time at the Goodwin home. Since Garrett is going into Kindergarten this year, hang on...let me wipe away the tears... Okay, ahem, since Garrett is going into Kindergarten this year he will be at school all day with me. This means no nap time. For a few, or most, of you I know you are probably shocked that my soon-to-be 5 year old still takes naps....and 2 to 3 hour naps at that! What can I say, he requires a lot of sleep and is some kind of CRANKY when he doesn't get it! This summer I have been letting him lay down while brother lays down and as soon as brother is asleep he can either play quietly in his room, play a game, or watch a movie. 2 out of 5 days he is crashed out when I go in to let him get up and have his quiet time. Today, he chose to play:


Gunner, on the other hand, still sleeps a good 2 to 3 hours at nap time. I couldn't resist snapping this incredibly PRECIOUS picture of my soon-to-be 2 year old napping with the classic "Brown Bear, Brown Bear." We read this book a LOT! Heck, we read a lot of books around here and it makes this momma's (and teacher's) heart so happy that my boys love to read books.


No comments: